I love Modern Agile.
I wish that more teams understood it, so i’m buiding a tool to help. It’s called Zenboard.
Here’s how it works…
1. Make People Awesome: collaboration
One of the best ways to make employees awesome is collaboration. Zenboard makes it easier to see where collaboration is needed.
It’s more flexible than Trello and easier to use than JIRA. (Demo here).
2. Make People Awesome: coaching
Zenboard features AI coaching. Here are a couple of examples…
(1) If there is too much work in progress then Zenboard will suggest that you help with that before starting something new.
(2) If you start work on a card and it has no details then Zenboard might say, “Not clear what’s required? Conversation beats documentation”.
There is no substitute for a human coach, but AI can give simple nudges that promote good habits and a healthy team culture.
3. Experiment & Learn Rapidly
Of course, you need to make not just employees awesome but customers awesome. For this you need to experiment & learn rapidly. You need to focus on outcomes rather than outputs.
Zenboard gives visibility to desired outcomes.
Zenboard’s AI coaching guides the team to experiment & learn.
4. Make Safety A Prerequisite
Future versions of Zenboard will let people flag safety issues.
5. Continuously Deliver Value
Coming soon. Zenboard will report on the outcome of past work, so it’s clear to the team if they are successfully delivering value or not.
To sum up
Zenboard doesn’t have all the answers, but it can move your team in the right direction.
Caveat: Zenboard is a work in progress!
Do you have an idea for how Zenboard can help with Modern Agile? Leave a comment below.