Five emerging millennial personas showcase the different aspirations, motives and ways of interacting with digital world. From The Millennial Index – infographic here.
The Millennial Index also share 5 myths about millennials. Highlights:
- Myth: All Millennials spend their lives on Social Media. Reality: Only a minority (41%) spend more than 3 hours a week on Facebook.
- Myth: It’s all about smartphones and tablets. Reality: 65% of Millennials spend more time accessing the internet via a laptop or desktop PC.
- Myth: Millennials are dazzled by celebrity culture and fame . Reality: Millennials are more likely to share a link related to their work or study.
Nielsen share their findings and myths. Highlights:
- Myth: Millennials are narcissistic. Reality: Millennials care about self-expression, but they aren’t totally self-absorbed.
(If that’s not enough, Salon claims that millennial entitlement is a myth and Fast Company share their 5 myths about millennials.)
How to Get Millennials to Love Your Content: VICE’s Magic Formula
- Millenials are looking for a non-traditional news source to keep them informed
- Make Them Care. Video is an empathy machine… The future of news for Millennials will be built on empathy.
- Meet Them Where They Are – On Social
This article by Nieman Lab shows which sites rank the highest for reaching millennials. I wonder how Metro fares?
What do you think? Leave a comment below.